Submitted Conference Content
|Nom(s) et Prénom(s)|
|email||om [dot] band [at] sap [dot] com|
|Entreprise/Organisation||SAP Labs India|
|Type de conférence||Conference > 100 attendees|
What to expect when you are scrumming
Go to the submission page!
Om Band is working with software development for last 12 years and currently working with SAP Labs. He has worked on projects and products of different size and followed different methodologies and played different roles – developer, manager, scrum master etc.
For last 3 years he is actively participating in the scrum and lean transition of his organization.
Great changes are seldom easy. Transition to agile is far from being a cakewalk.
This presentation aims to take a journey through the scrum lifecyle. In the way, analyze each transition phase and list down the challenges that are typically faced during the phase. And some tips, tools and techniques to ease the labor pain.
Lifecycle of a scrum team – Characteristics of a phase – Possible challenges – Some useful tools and techniques
1. Inception – Chaos, excitement, forming, struggling, anxiety – Understanding scrum, Resistance, Conflicts, Prejudice, Messed up planning/execution, Nothing works, Stress, Fear of failure, Crashing expectations, …
2. Settling - Ray of light, Things falling in place, Trust getting built – Still strong view points, diverse forces – Fragile setup, …
3. Matured – Things in place, Predictable velocity and environment, Well integrated team, Trust built – Sense of satisfaction, Comfort zone syndrome – Less challenging, Continues Improvement??, …
4. Dissolving – Sense of low value work – Anxiety, disinterest – Move on syndrome, …
5. Reformation – Another beginning - Different scrum experiences coming together – My scrum vs. your scrum – What was working there doesn’t work here! – Art of unlearning, …
Prior experience with scrum will help...
Bénéfices pour les participants
Be aware: What are the phases of agile transition – What are the typical difficulties/challenges faced during each phase –The transition is not instant, magical or painless
Learn: Some tips, tools and techniques that will be useful in handling the difficult situations
Soumis par ppetit le lun, 06/13/2011 - 02:02